Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thing #22: Loving LiveBinders

Given that one of the primary goals of the "23 Things" exercise is introduce curriculum and resource organization to teacher candidates, LiveBinders is by far one my favorite tools that I have used since I began my blog project. Like many of the search-based technologies that we have used, key word tagging rears its beautiful head and the binders that appeared via my particular interests were laid out before me in copious amounts. My three binders are all under the Education classification, and titled History: American History links, Resources: Education resources for teaching history, and History scavenger hunt links.

Here's the link to the third tab on my History scavenger hunt link binder, EyeWitness to History.com:
History Scavenger Hunts


LiveBinders has enormous potential in my future history classroom. Not only can it used effectively as a informational management system, it is by and large a communication tool for teachers to observe what other teachers are doing and how they do it. It also fits in perfectly with lesson plans. As the sample link above shows, students can be coordinated to use specific binders in an internet (history) scavenger hunt.


I look forward to putting this terrific technology program to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment