Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thing #15: Wiki Fun

I have to say, I had a great time creating my own post in APSU's wiki sandbox. The platform itself is a terrific arena, malleable as it is, for expression and sharing. It led me to investigating some of the wiki links that were posted in the #15 requirement, then pushed the boundaries further as I began to explore how education and wiki's can work hand-in-hand. From distance and project-based learning, to student assignments and professional portfolios, there's an enormous level of opportunities when it comes to utilizing the resource.

Here's a link to two award-winning educational wiki's. As a history teacher candidate, I'm biased towards the second one.

And to Dr. Jerles: thank you for turning me on to Taylor Mali, teacher/poet. I included a video of his in my sandbox example.

No comments:

Post a Comment