Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thing #17: Delicious - a.k.a., "how sweet it is".

Until this particular assignment, I hadn't heard of Delicious before. That's too bad, as I had no idea of what I was missing. After getting an account, I started exploring right away, searching for key words and tags such as "teaching history", "historical", "social studies", "lesson plans" and more. Each and every time, it revealed a treasure trove of detail and information. Its potential and value is clear, for teachers and students. It's effectiveness, in my opinion, is the fact that it not only bypasses the typical web search engine - it transcends it.

As a teacher, I foresee using this resource and others like it when it comes to webquests, internet scavenger hunts, essay research, and curriculum and faculty/administration assistance. And more. Education and the internet have a strong ally in Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment