Sunday, June 17, 2012

Thing #12: Got Google?

Like many of you who have been posting about this particular "thing" already, it's safe to say that Google has impressed all of us. Where to start about my own experience? Well, I'm very fond of Google Voice and have been using it over the last few years. I also use and enjoy iGoogle. One of the things that impresses me the most about this application is the continuing development and evolution of it. It's anything but static. As a teacher, I can envision adding specific tabs to assist my lesson and day planning. Picasa is nice - but in my opinion, there are a glut of image viewing programs available today that are so flexible and user-friendly, I don't see the need to take on one more. On the other hand, Google Scholar definitely has its place. While it isn't JSTOR by any means, it is a valuable academic article portal in its own right. It's also a solid introduction for high school students who might be researching scholarly data for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment