Sunday, June 17, 2012

Thing #11: ISO good feeds

I'm voting for the Edublog Awards site and Topix as my favorites for this exercise. Both opened up a wealth of sources configured specifically for my interests in education and history. In fact, there were so many blogs and feeds to choose from regarding these two sites and my preferences, I had put a limit on what I was adding to my subscription. I'm not much of a fan of Technorati. Its layout and dated material/links didn't suit me very well.

One of the more unusual and interesting Topix feeds that came up when searching under the title of history, (which also highlighted how global the internet information world truly is) was a discussion forum based out of India with the title "History of the Tyagi (Taga) Pandits". They are, for all intents and purposes, a rather heated and opinionated group discussing social castes in and around New Delhi. On another front, I found Stump The Teacher from the Edublog site. It's a terrific, insightful blog written by Josh Stumpenhorst, a 6th grade Language Arts and Social Science teacher in suburban Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment